Thursday, April 12, 2007

Phase III: Lakeathon! (Early arrivals)

Today (Friday 4/13) is technically the first day of Lakeathon, but yesterday was the day that many started arriving for the festivities.


I've traded voice mail messages with Marc Rodstein, and know he's here, but haven't connected up yet. I did, however, last night get to meet one of the "personalities" of the Lake Amphib Flyers Club forum:

The famous Pete "Puddle Jumper" Hartmann! (see above, with Paul Furnee)

Paul Furnee (another regular LAFC poster) invited me to tag along for dinner with him, his wife Paula, Pete, and Bob and Sharon Stebbins of Utah and Florida (see left).

We went to a great little seafood restaurant: Harry's Old Place. Wish I'd brought my GPS so I could give you the coordinates. It's on a lake, tho' it looked kind of small from where we are. The food was excellent, and so was the company. There really is something special about a community of aircraft owners and pilots, especially one that shares so many operational quirks as Lake owners.

I had a great time, and am all looking forward to meeting more of the "clan" this weekend.

No comments: