Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Welcome to Lakeathon (almost) Live 2007

As the webmaster of the new Lake Amphibian Flyers Club website (www.lakeflyers.com), I've been looking for ways to take advantage of the 'net to help club members stay in touch, learn more about the "breed", and disseminate information on operations, maintenance, flight safety, places to fly and any other relevant info.

As most members know, this weekend (4/13-16/2007) is Lakeathon 2007, the annual convention of Lake owners, pilots, and afcionados held annually in Bartow, FL.

Lately, I've read several posts on the LAFC members' forum (
http://forums.delphiforums.com/lakeamphibs/, c'mon join up so you can participate!) from Lakers who can't make it this year, so it occurred to me that a blog might be a way for members-in-absentia to follow some of the activities.

Hence, lakeathon.blogspot.com is born.

As I'm a relatively new Lake owner I'm hopeful that my "newbie" perspective will add something to the coverage for both Lakeathon vets and those who have never been to one.

This is also my first effort at blogging. Hopefully it'll be a balance of interesting stuff without TMI (too much information, a habit I sometimes have.)

Anyway, feel free to leave your feedback, and I'll try to take it into account.

Steve Whitney
N8012D

No comments: